iPhoto 4.0.1

jhawk28

Registered
Get it at the SU

"Includes many organizational and stability enhancements. Performance has also been increased throughout the application, giving you faster importing, smoother image viewing and easier Rendezvous photo sharing. This version of iPhoto also features improved thumbnail images in your photo library. To take advantage of this, your thumbnails must be upgraded, which may take a while, depending on the number of photos in your library."

Joshua

WOW, 17 minutes to update my thumbnails. Here's to hoping for a decent speed upgrade (and that my stupid system won't panic in the middle of it. I'm down 2 panics so far today but I've been averaging 4...

Well, of *course* it panicked in the middle of updating. Doesn't look like any damage, though...

Mine finished in just under 20 minutes, and boy are the thumbnails fast now! Much improved! A slight improvement in viewing speed, but not nearly as big a gain as with the thumbnails.

I haven't installed iLife yet, so have v2 still. Does v4 have any facility for consolidating/ removing duplicates? I imported twice (had some corruption) from my old HD and instead of overwriting I now have two of everything.....

33 minutes here... We'll see how those speed improvements impress me later on. But I'm excited. :) :) :)

HELP!!!!!!! Downloaded iPhoto 4.1 yesterday... clicked on iPhoto icon in dock 1 min ago.... almost imediatly the icon changed from camera etc etc to blank page with applications "A" made from ruller pen and pencil!!(usua lapp logo found in HD) what do I do??? The app wont open and even the help section has disapeared from Mac help!!! help me please? :( :confused:

It doesnt matter (realy anymore) I munted the disk again and I am now back to 4.0 again pheww... but after I did this instead of just bouncying in the dock a few times and stopping it says than an error occuered (error cod 1000) dont know whats happened but it also wont let me delete it it says "This operation could not be completed because this item is owned by root" any 1 got any ideas what happened... I wont bother upgrading to 4.1 again I dont think! LOL

Back