iPhoto broken after iLife '06 install. Permissions?

Lazarus18

In debt medical student
So I just upgraded to iLife '06. Everything seems to work fine except iPhoto. It loads up, says I have to upgrade the library and then eventually gives me an error message saying that I need to have read/write permissions for everything in the iPhoto Library and gives me some instructions on how to do that.

The problem is that, near as I can figure, I DO have the right permissions. My setup is a tad odd. The iPhoto library in /home/Pictures is a symlink to a network share. My actual library data and pictures are on my old G4 tower. I do this with my iTunes music files and with my photos. Prior to this it had not been a problem.

Anyone with any good ideas on how to solve this?

Oh, and I tried this: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303135 and it didn't fix it.

Thanks.

Howabout temporarily moving the iPhoto Library back to your home folder on the boot drive, letting iPhoto update the database, then move it back and re-symlink?

Great idea. I did that and then did Apple's suggestion. When I had tried it on the mounted drive it said I didn't have authority to change some of the files, but locally I could with an admin password. I copied everything back over to the network drive and it all seems to work as it did before the upgrade. Thanks.

Back