iPhoto lag

nuubie

Registered
When I move on to the next picture (on a fast 10000rpm Sata hard drive on the Sata bus, not Firewire or USB or a card reader), there is a lag of about 2 seconds before the picture becomes sharp. I thought this was to initially load it but its happening on pictures that have been viewed a few minutes ago as well. Is there any way of getting the system to load all the pictures into memory and they can be viewed with no lag? Surely this can't be normal iPhoto behaviour? No professional could put up with this. Surely I've missed something? Using 2gb ram on a 1.5ghz Solo CPU (surely the CPU is the weakest link).

Have you ever run any maintenance on your Mac? If not download either Yasu or Onyx and run all the maintenance cleaning scripts. Let the program reboot your machine then immediately reboot again to rebuild your StartUp/ShutDown cache.

Plus you can reset any program by going to the folder /Users/yourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and find the program's preference file and move it out of the folder. This will reset the program without deleting the data.

Lastly how much room is left on the drive? OS X needs about 15% free for swap files & cache. Filling a hard drive up more than that and OS x will become a dog.

Good luck.

Back