iPod Classic for Windows AND Mac?

SAGA41

Registered
I have a Macbook Pro that my iPod is formatted for. However, I would love to be able to plug it in at work to my PC. Is this possible?? Is there a hack or anything for this??

Thanks!!!

It is "possible". You'll have to reformat each time you plug it in to iTunes on either machine, resulting in your entire library being deleted.

From the forum governing policy:

No asking for serialz, hackz, or warez, linking to them, discussing or anything related, including MP3z, Pr0n and related piracy items.

... I would love to be able to plug it in at work to my PC...

What for? If it's to play music through your PC's speakers, then you simply need a 3.5" headphone plug-to-3.5" headphone plug cord, then plug one end into your PC's audio input jack, the other into the iPod, and set your sound preferences on the PC to pass-through the audio.

Then, use the iPod to play music through your PC's speakers.

If you wish to plug the iPod into your PC in order to transfer music to your PC, then this is something that is typically used for music piracy and cannot be discussed on this forum (and is the exact reason Apple lets you copy music TO the iPod, but not FROM the iPod).

If you have it formatted as Windows, it works for either Windows or Mac. If you have it formatted for Mac it works only for Mac. You could reformat the iPod for Windows on your PC at work, bring it home and put all your music back on it from your Mac, then you can use it for both computers. The only thing is I don't think that a Mac can update an iPod's system software if it is formatted for windows-- you'd have to do updates from work.

There is also a product called MacDrive which allows you to access Mac formatted drives (including iPods) in Windows. It costs money, but they have a free trial that you could check out, and if it works for you, you could buy it.
http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

If you just want to listen to your iTunes music from your home computer at work, you could do something like SimplifyMedia, or iTunes' built in sharing over some sort of network thing (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20090915223636541)..

I hope one of these options helps you out.

Otherwise, you could just put headphones in your iPod and you can listen to your music ANYwhere! ;)

Back