iPod does not display song under artist

missilX

Registered
Ive had this problem since the day I got my iPod, but since at that time my music library was much smaller it had little effect on me. Seeing as how my library is drastically bigger, the problem occurs more and more and its quite a problem. Basically when I go music > artists > then the artist, a song I am looking for is not there. I have checked in iTunes to make sure the song is properly organized and it is.

Now I know the song is on the iPod because I can easily find it if its on a playlist, or if I am using shuffle, it will come up. Yet when I try to get it by artist it is no where to be found.

How do I fix this?

I found in my iTunes library that some of my artists' names were similar, but not quite exact -- for example, "The Flaming Lips" was sometimes spelled with an extra space at the beginning or end, or the "The" was left out, causing the song to appear under a different "Flaming Lips" artist category.

Also, perhaps restoring your iPod then re-syncing it with your music library would help.

Yehh Ive found that with the spaces too. But everything is correct. Ive found that naming the albums all the same works. So I guess that is what I am just going to do.

Certainly _sounds_ like something's wrong with the ID3 tags. Might be a very small detail _somewhere_ in the tags.

Back