iPod Hi-Fi

sickonblues

Registered
I'm a little suprised that no one has commented on this yet, so I might as well be the first. I've always been taken by the designs Apple comes up with but I must say, I'm really not too keen on the new Hi-Fi. It just doesn't seem that pleasing to my eye. I also believe it is a little silly. I much rather use my dock to hook my iPod up to my home theater surround sound than to that Hi-Fi. There is no way a battery powered boombox will compare to a 1000 watt surround sound system. It looks like they expect you to set it up in your house and use it as your primary listening device. I also dislike how the iPod just sits on top of it as well. It just doesn't look right to my eye.

On a brighter note I like the new Mac Mini. I'm using a Mac Mini right now and I'm pretty excited about the new one. The idea of having more USB ports, audio in, and the new Core Duo in it is great. I'm a little surprised they put a Core Duo in it. I thought they'd put a Core Solo in the new Mini. I was hoping for a slight design change, but that's alright, mine won't look so dated now.

What are your thoughts?

You'll find comments about it in the threads about the Feb. 28th announcements...

um... It's fun to blast when you have closing duty at an Apple Store. Other than that, i'd prefer something smaller

and let me put it this way. if i had a choice between the iHome H5 (alarm clock/ speaker dock) and the Hi-Fi, i'd pick the alarm clock.

I tried both the Bose SoundDock and the iPod Hi-Fi at my local Apple store the other day, and I gotta say... the Hi-Fi really gives the Bose a run for its money. I can't agree with the statement that the Bose completely "pwns" the Hi-Fi -- in fact, I'd be tempted to say that the Hi-Fi actually sounds better than the Bose...

Have you listened to the two side-by-side?

Here's a review of the Hi-Fi with comparisons to the Bose SoundDock:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1933838,00.asp

does anyone know what the actual power rating of the amplifier(RMS) of the iPod Hifi is?? Its not on the website anywhere.

i may have over-stated it when i say pwns, but yes i pulled the both HiFi amd Bose out to listen to the same song off the same ipod. And i thought the Bose had better base and was more distorition free...

Back