Ipod July 4th, 2006

mi5moav

Registered
Ipod Freedom release Date July 4th, 2006

The new Ipod has no buttons, no scroll wheel, no headphone jack, no dock connector. In other words freedom from everything. The most aesthetic piece of technology ever conceived.

1. Power Supply through SplashPower. Similar to those toothbrushes and razors that charge through there plastics with magnetic fields.(strange they haven't updated there site since September 05...did Apple acquire them?)

2. Transfer of songs...Wireless USB

3. Headphone jack...Bluetooth

4. Navigation...virtual touchless/touch screen. As your finger moves over the ipods screen a virtual scrolling interface pops up allowing for more screen real-estate. fingerprints?? not to worry you don't actually have to touch the screen, embedded in/behind the lcd are capacitors that can tell, which direction your fingers are going.

5. Hold Button/Power On fingerprint screen identification(great for if your ipod is stolen)

So, there you have it a completely enclosed ipod, so elegant as not to have a single button or port opening or anything but a beautiful screen... Apple will release the Ipod July 4th 2006... Independence Day... free your self from everything.

*ipod Nano will still have dock connector for now.

you know you didn't have to wait much longer

The only flaw in your theory is that I posted this nearly 3 hours before that article was published...unless I work for them, which would mean that I would have further insight.

mi5moav your kidding right? Come on, look at the leap that this new ipod would make compare to the current one. We didn't jump ipod...to video ipod. We crawled to color/photo and then to video. A simple move as that took an entire update, and you think all of the stuff you listed will be done in 1 update? No way, not to mention all the money that will be lost by companies who make ipod accessories and depend on the headphone/dock port.

Will all this happen? yeah sure, but anytime soon, no way.

That's a very pessimistic view. Apple has come a long way in innovating; I don't believe they would limit their creative potential because of 3rd party vendors. The move to video was a slow one, I agree, but Steve Jobs has made big, quick decisions in the past. The G4 Cube and the Mac Mini were potentially dodgy and different computers, but they came out.

Plus, wouldn't those 3rd party vendors still have about 30 trillion customers to sell to? It's not like the new iPod would obliterate existing devices.

Back