iPod Nano: A Dream Come True!

Sure it will last 4 years or more (my old mac plus still works fine for old games), but it is only really fun for 2 years. and that is why one should sell it after 1,5-2 years for more than half the price it was bought for and buy a new one.
that way it is an endless joyride! ;)

congratulations to the posts! i have been at it for more than three years and just recently got past 800.

Lt Major Burns said:
IMO, i expect a mac to last at least 4 years, before replacement.

also, this is my 1000th post :D
Oh, they last a lot longer than that. Heck, my old PC is 10 years old and still kicking. I know people who are still using very old Macs, and they say it runs like new.

Congrats on your 1,000th post. Where's the party? :D

Decado said:
and USB 2.0 has been on all macs sold the last 2 years. Maybe it is time to get a new one (and make a kid sister/brother or parent/grandparent happy by selling your old one to them).

My Dual 1.25 Ghz G4 Powermac is still going strong - I also
have a 1Ghz Al Powerbook that is more than adequate for
my needs.

I will need a much better reason than compatability with the nano to buy a new machine.

*Maybe money grows on trees around your house, but my trees only have leaves on them. :)

g/re/p said:
*Maybe money grows on trees around your house, but my trees only have leaves on them. :)
Lucky you. My trees are completely bare. Nothing but a bunch of sticks.

If you have a desktop Mac, you can get a USB-2 card. There are some that work fine, I hear. Older PowerBooks might make use of a USB-2 PC-Card. Although you probably might need more than an iPod nano to explain a purchase of a USB-2 card, too (depending on its price, that is).

I must say, I find USB-2 quite a nice addition. Those memory sticks are becoming ubiquitous, and USB 1.1 is just REALLY slow if you're transferring files in the >100MB ballpark.

Btw.: I hear you CAN use the nano with USB 1.1 - but again: Synching might take a long, long while at its speed.

Back