iPod nano

I'm not impressed, but equally not unimpressed.

It's just kinda "meh". Do like the TV ad though.

The main reason for not providing FW syncing is that it means the iPod wouldn't need a FW controller chip in the device. One more thing to eliminate I suppose. Charging is nothing: that's already accounted for in the conversion to the Dock Connector (just routes the two powered pins of the FW plug to the correct part of the connector).

It's a shame, but it's logical.

I just don't think Apple realise how much the weight of an object gives it worth to some people. I've always felt that the iPod mini felt like it was worth the money you invested in it because it felt like quality. This all-plastic thing they've got going on doesn't exactly encourage the same associations.

I wish they'd merely supplemented the iPod mini 6GB with these two iPod nano models.

And I'm not upgrading to iTunes 5 until the iPod software is updated for everyone.

I'll probably get one, I love cross country running and it looks to be ideal, tiny, slim, light, long battery life, stopwatch...

I am/was quit impressed by the nano. A while ago my 30 gig iPod took a nose-dive off of my desk while I was playing it... it crashed to the floor and made a big thump noise. Needless to say, the iPod no longer plays properly.

I was waiting to hear what Apple was going to do to the iPod lineup before I bought another iPod. I've been "getting by" with my iPod Shuffle for a couple of months.

I really miss playing the iPod in my car most of all.

The release of the iPod Nano has got me utterly confused about what I should do. I would really enjoy the Nano - but is it enough space for me and will Griffin release an iTrip for the Nano? These are two very big questions for me.

I have tons of music, but I can honestly say, with a little music management, I could probably get by with 1,000 songs... hmm I don't know.

to all the naysayers, this is nothing but good news. i always thought 6gb was a bit of a bad product. it's not that much more gain. people buy the mini because it's the cheapest way to get a clickwheel. i know about 6 people who all bought 2nd gen minis and they all bought the 4gb, becuase it was cheaper. i'm gonna get a 2gb to replace my shuffle.

the advantage isn't just size and weight (which, you forget, is a massive deal. this is real progress), but that it's not the smallest jukebox player, it's the most spacious flash player. flash is incredible, hard drives really aren't, they just have a big capacity. no moving parts really is the way to go for a portable device. an ipod you can drop. a lot. no more cradling. it can only get better.

4 years down the line, i hope all ipods are flash.

Back