Ipod shuffle error

Merri

Registered
I updated with the latest update few days ago, charged it, transfered the song I wanted and everything went fine. Until I tried to transfer new song. My win xp won't recognise the shuffle. It's like it is dead, ports are working, have tried pluging in the camera in them and they find it. I've tried to plug in shuffle in my laptop, same result. The strange thing is (and I'm saying this after formathing the whole computer) that it still plays when unplugged. That would havev been my first warning that something is wrong. Well right now I'm pretty much close to giving up and buying a new mp3 player. It is not worth sending it to service if it costs half of what a new does player.

I have a simple question tho, if the plug and play thing in win doesn't recognise the device, it there any other way of installing it? I was sure that the ipod updater would take care of this, but it didn't. I might think as the basic window user now, but is there any way of getting a ipod driver (if there is such thing in apple language)?

Also another thing has crossed my mind. This error accured shortely after I got something called Windows media device bla bla with my win update. Could this be connected? If so how come formating the puter didn't help?

I just wish there were a way of knowing for sure that my shuffle is dead..:(

It could be connected.
So does your computer recognize the ipod connected via any port to it?
Besides your iPod should still be in warranty...

If you updated it on a mac it will format to mac so update it on windwos and both of them will be able to see the ipod shuffle

'Dont worry be happy'

The iPod shuffle is formatted to the FAT32 (aka, "Windows") format whether it's formatted on a Mac OS X computer or a Windows computer -- this is unique to the shuffle, however, as other iPods format to HFS+ on Mac OS X and FAT32 on Windows.

No it doesn't find it at all, just like it is not connected. I don't have access to a mac so I haven't tried on a mac, And yes it is on warranty, I sent it in and will se what they will be able to do. As for formating, shuffle is formatable from PC/MAC only, it has to be plugged in. I did format the puter but it didn't help.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Back