iPod Software 2.0 info... from Apple

Originally posted by turncoat
I heard there are some guys that have a linux varient running on the iPod. However, if a new iPod OS was made, if it were very customizable, I'd go for it!

Sounds interesting...I think I've heard of that too...:D

Originally posted by turncoat
I heard there are some guys that have a linux varient running on the iPod. However, if a new iPod OS was made, if it were very customizable, I'd go for it!

Ah, yes. Linux on iPod

As far as iPod software 2.0 goes, the coolest new feature for me so far has to be the Note Reader. Combined with iLyric and BBEdit I can add one line of html to an iLyric generated lyric that links to the song on my new 10 GB iPod. Say, for instance, I go to Extras->Notes->Lyrics->Words->Tenacious D->Tenacious D->Wonder Boy.html on my iPod. If I hit the Select button in the middle of the scroll pad while the lyrics to "Wonder Boy" are being displayed "Wonder Boy" will start playing. The look on people's faces when they select a lyric and I tell them to hit the center button, and that very song starts playing alone makes it worth it to me.

Last Thursday I went to a CompUSA in my area to ask about how long it would take if something were to happen to my original 5 GB iPod to get it replaced. The associate looked at me and said, "Approved." I was like, "Yeah, how long does that take?" He says, "No, I'm approving it right now. Do you have it with you?" I say, "It's in my truck, but there's nothing wrong with it." He said, "It's broke enough for me." So I was able to trade in my perfectly fine 5 GB iPod for a brand new 10 GB. Only cash out of my pocket was for the TAP on the new 10 GB. :D :p

Back