ipod static noise

dhalben

Registered
2 days ago my Ipod 5g 30gig video stopped playing music and only plays static. No comprehendable sounds are coming out to the ear phone jack or the dock. I have tried different ear buds and tried fm transmission--same result, just static. I have a feeling that my 1year was up about a week ago.
No trauma to the unit. I haven't dropped it or spilled anything on it. It has a protective hard covering on the unit. Thanks for any help. Byron

Well, my ipod gave up the fight. The good news is that the Apple store actually gave me a new replacement. My warantee ran out 2 weeks before the problem,but they were very professional about the matter and replaced it. I tried the reset and factory reset from the factory disks, but it was trashed. The support team said that they had not seen this before. However, my case is a tight fitting acrylic case-- do you think that it may have been too hot over time? Thanks for your help.
Byron

Maybe?! If I were you I would take it out of your case when the case is not needed, just to be safe.

Back