iPod Video Thread - (speculation, rumours etc.)

fryke said:
Oh, well, Cringely. He babbles every few weeks, I think... ;)
I'm with you, every time I see his rambling, I just switch off.

Fryke can't you create a group/section in the Rumours area for PDA/Video iPod stuff?

I personally can't, but we (mod-team/admins) have been discussing a special iPod forum in the past. The outcome so far was that we had enough forums to take care of the iPod threads. That might change in the future, but all the iPod Video rumour-threads, of course, don't make for a good excuse to 'invent' an iPod forum on macosx.com. (Rather, they're a mod-issue...)
I guess I'll go with sticking the thread and renaming it. Should new threads appear on the subject, I'll merge those into that.

Personally, I don't want a video iPod per se, even the biggest screen is just too small.

What I _would_ like to see is an iPod that runs Keynote or :)()PPoint. That would be sweet. Plug it into a projector or a large format tv and let it roll. It would have to run QT clips, so it could probably could run movies too - not to be seen on the pod itself, but as a totally personal, totally portable, totally connectable movie player. Just add popcorn.

If the iPod _has_ a colour screen and _has_ the capability to display the movies on an external screen, it would - of course - be very dumb not to let people view the movies on the small screen, too.
But I agree in that the possibility to attach an external display/beamer is key.

Why not do that, anyway? iTunes (and other podcast) users might enjoy them, even if they don't work on an iPod.

PC Magazine has a preview of the Creative Zen Vision

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1843921,00.asp

and this thing is beautiful - exactly the player I wish Apple had brought out. It even tunes and records FM radio.

At just $100 more than the full sized iPod, I see Apple losing a significant number of sales here (although iPod mini and iPod shuffle sales will still probably go strong).

Kap

Ceroc Addict said:
PC Magazine has a preview of the Creative Zen Vision

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1843921,00.asp

and this thing is beautiful - exactly the player I wish Apple had brought out. It even tunes and records FM radio.

At just $100 more than the full sized iPod, I see Apple losing a significant number of sales here (although iPod mini and iPod shuffle sales will still probably go strong).

Kap

Rebel XT or this....damn

Interesting. :) No proof for the existance of the iPod video, of course, but interesting nonetheless.

Well, just look at the whois info for cinematology.com:

Administrative Contact:
Word.Net Communications
David Holst (ambigram@foundhumor.com)
+1.4178943166
Fax: +1.6034150121
PO Box 14463
Springfield, MO 65814
US

http://www.foundhumor.com/ - "FoundHumor.Com - Funny Stuff Found Worldwide"

Wow. That was one big I-told-u-so kind of a moment for me. For years I've been trying to tell people that an iPod video would not necessarily have to be about whole movies. It's a bit like Steve's been listening to me - but I guess at the end of the day it just made sense to more people than just myself. (wipes off a tear...)

Back