Irritating charging problem.

sgould

Registered
At the moment it's an irritating problem. Is this a symptom of something more serious?

If the charge on my iPhone 3GS with fully updated software gets down to a very low level and I put it on charge, the display shows it's charging. But if I come back to it after a while - say a couple of hours - it still shows that it's charging but that it is only at 5%.

At first, I was checking connections and things, but in desperation I did a full re-boot. Immediately the battery showed that it was 100% charged, and it was.

It's now doing this regularly. Showing that it's charging but not increasing the %age. But a reboot gets it to show 100%.

The iPhone reset is what I was doing. I cures the problem until the next time.

It's odd. because the charging indicator shows the charge and %age correctly if I put it on charge when there is a good bit of charge in it. The problem only happens once the battery either discharges completely or goes in to the red section.

The charge indicator goes to about 5% and sticks, yet the phone is still charging, as a reset proves. So I don't think that the battery is at fault, it seems more of a software/firmware thing.

Back