Irritating Safari issue. Can someone confirm this?

b4tn

Registered
OK this is driving me crazy! It was working fine then yesterday all of a sudden I cant visit this site with Safari.

http://www.probetalk.com

It works fine in IE but I dont like IE!!! can someone check and see if you can get there in Safari? I tried trashing all prefs and re-installing with no luck so I did a clean install with panther and still no luck. Any ideas?

I was also unable to get to the site with Safari. Probably the only solution is to let Apple know about it let them work at correcting it.

Giaguara said:
Could not load any data from that location. Is that the message you get?

That's the message I get, nothing.
The site may have locked out anything except IE
That's one reason to keep alternate browsers available - not because you like them, but because you occasionally get to use them (very rarely, I hope)

Hah, seems like the server is set to block everything but IE. I know you can do that with Apache. Works in IE for me as well, but not in Safari or Mozilla.

Perhaps we should configure macosx.com the other way around. Nice way to get rid of the trolls :D

I'm using Safari and I was able to go to the site. The site must have been down or cookies or something wasn't enabled in your version of Safari.

still not working for me. (I've tried a bunch of different settings in Debug menu, cookies settings, nothing, nada)

I just tried it, and it worked in IE but not in Netscape... said the document had no data. It may be caused by this code: {meta name="generator" content="vbHome Lite 4.2" /} (the curly brackets are actually carats, but I put those in to prevent attempted parsing).

try accessing it with safari after setting the debug option to tell it to identify as win/ie

The site is working for me as well now in Safari, but was only accessible with IE for a while.

Back