Is it about to crash?

Dal123

Registered
The fonts in my taskbar (where programme name is apple logo). When in firefox and certain programmes it is bold, when in other certain programmes eg word.
Anyone know what's going on?
Thanks

Clear your Font cache. Download the application Yasu and run all the routines (two include clearing Font Caches) and let the program reboot your Mac. Then upon that successful boot, immediately manually reboot again to completely rebuild your shutdown/startup cache.

Doing this kind of OS x maintenance clearings about once every three months IMHO will keep OS X running clean almost like the day your first installed it.

Thanks Satcomer, I have done what you suggested. I cleared my font cache using Yasu, cleared everything on the menu then again, rebooted twice and firefox is still coming up bold. Pretty weird why this is happening.
I also noticed that it had remove cookies and things like that. Only when I use firefox all my cookies are still there!???

Only when I use firefox all my cookies are still there!???

That is because it was designed for pre-loaded browser (Safari). You can manually delete the cookies in firefox because it is stored in /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Firefox/Profiles/(your Profile)/. I would just use Firefox's Preferences (in the application itself) and clear the cookies there, it would be easier.

Now one thing that Yasu misses is those hidden Flash cookies. I have suggested to several cache clearing developers to add this function in. Only one program i have found that clears the dreaded hidden Flash cookies clearing is Flush. It does this one thing very well.

Thanks, I'm not at all concerned about the cookies; it's the text in my taskbar that concerns me as this has only happened recently and it does not look right and clearly something is not working properly.
Just don't understand how it can start messing up like this has got me concerned is all.
Regards

It can be by third party fonts or applications mess up with something in the cache part of OS X. It also can be a slightly bad download or something along that line.

Update to problem lol; now in microsoft word- my help file is all in japaneese. I thought this was only in word, but I've just loaded adobe indesign and the whole start-up screen is japaneese lol.
What can I do? This can't be good.

Back