Is it possible to...

elocin

Registered
Download the 10.4.1 and 4.2 updates off the apple site onto my computer that has system 10.1.5 and copy them onto my computer that has 10.4?

Are you sure maybe you're not being asked for your company's username/password to their proxy server or something?

As bobw said, there is no password needed to download the file. Simply click the link that says "58MB" over on the right-hand side. And yes, you can download it on a PC then transfer it over to the Macintosh.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Yes, simply download the updates from apple.com, then share them across your network, or burn them on a CD, or onto a Zip drive, or via FireWire Target Disk Mode, etc.

You also don't need to update to 10.4.1 then to 10.4.2 -- you can go straight from 10.4 to 10.4.2 with the "Combo" updater:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate1042combo.html

Thanks, I tried burning it to a cd and when I try to open it on the other computer it says it failed to mount because it's not recognised..

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Are you sure maybe you're not being asked for your company's username/password to their proxy server or something?

you are right...I just checked and realised that our company server had a download limit, and anything beyond that would prompt us to give a username and password

Thanks for clearing things up :)

Back