Is it time to change Scott?

And don’t use the same password for your email accounts verses forums !

Well after the MacRumors thread hacked and the news about Thousands of Sites hacked via-VBulletin hole maybe it is time you might would want to either find a fix or change to another program for macosx.com.

Plus Administrators please change your admin passwords if you used that same password on other forums!!!

You must be reading my mind, although my motivation for changing isn't because of security issues. Although that is always a factor.

I started work yesterday morning on changing to new forum software, XenFora, so hopefully I can roll it out very soon. It's time to say goodbye to VB.

You must be reading my mind, although my motivation for changing isn't because of security issues. Although that is always a factor.

I started work yesterday morning on changing to new forum software, XenFora, so hopefully I can roll it out very soon. It's time to say goodbye to VB.

Well not reading but just keeping up on Internet news. ::angel::

Great that you are changing! I am starting to think hacks like these are starting to get organized Mafia help or State sponsored help.

Last edited:
Its looking like I may roll this out in the next day or two. It will be easier to work on it once its live. Everything migrated over from what I can tell, so this looks very doable now.

Just a quick update, the only hang-up right now is getting time to make sure all the redirects for old content/pages redirect correctly and smoothly. So, once that is done, Ill cut it over.

Back