Is It Worth Buying The New Apple Mouse/Keyboard?

imacg5guy

Registered
the title explains it all really... i have a G5 and have the big chunky (yet wireless) keyboard, and the mouse with no wheely thing in it, i really don't know if it is worth spending all the money on them!It might make my desk more efficient since i only have a small space for my mouse (my desk is tiny!) so i think the keyboard is tinier... I'm not sure, someone please help though!

PERSONALLY, I hate the new bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse that come with the new iMacs. I much prefer my iBook G4's keyboard, or the big clunky one with my iMac TFT 700MHz.

Also, ergonomically speaking, keyboards should be tilted away from you (from what I've heard, and from experience, I find it might more comfortable). There's no easy way to change the tilt angle with the new keyboard, as far as I've seen; maybe someone will correct me.

I finally got a chance to play with the new keyboard and I really DO NOT like it. It feels as though you're typing on chicklets. It also reminded me of when I used to type on my first computer as a kid, a Mattel Aquarius. This thing had these rubber chicklet keys that made it rather interesting to type on, and while the new Apple Keyboard doesn't have rubber keys they still bring back that same feel for me. Even the keyboard on the MacBook felt better than the desktop keyboard IMO.

I think I'll hold on to my iMac G5's Apple Bluetooth Keyboard as if it were my first born, thankyouverymuch. :D

I bought the new Apple wireless keyboard and I like it a lot. I have though that Microsoft makes best keyboards, but now Apple is atleast a good second. Funny thing, both firms are better known for their other products.

Back