Is my PC equipped to work with my Airport?

Mat

iSmell
Hi

I have an iMac and a PC laptop. I have just bought an Airport Extreme base station and of course it works great with my iMac. I am unsure however (because the PC can't seem to find the Airport) if my PC is actually equipped to work with my Airport.

The PC has Intel Pro/Wireless 2100 or 2200B/G and that Centrino Mobile Technology sticker.

Can anyone help me out here?

Cheers, Mat.

Should be perfectly capable. How is the network set up? Does its name at least _appear_ on the PC when you look for networks?

Nothing appears when I use the Airport utility to search for networks.

The setup is just password protected, WPA2, with my printer plugged in.

from Apple's Board, see if it helps;

Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG cannot recognize Airport Extreme (802.11N version
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 12:29 PM in response to: koen25
Solved
Reply Email

Try manually setting the channel to 6
Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG cannot recognize Airport Extreme (802.11N ver
Posted: Mar 8, 2007 4:05 AM in response to: Glyn Williams1
Reply Email

Hi Glyn,

Thanks for your help, it solved the problem.

Best regards,
Koen

ASUS Z92VM Windows XP Intel PRO/Wireless 2100BG

Thanks Bob, unfortunately that did not work. I tried a few different channels and still nothing from the PC end.

How is you Airport setup? Are you using the g wireless, b wireless or just n wireless?

What does the XP laptop say is it capability to read a b, g or n network?

Unplug the printer, try to completely reset the AirPort Base Station and set up a new network. Maybe use a _different_ encryption. Make sure that either the network is _visible_ to clients or that you know the network's name (you'd have to enter the network name by hand on the clients if it's hidden).

Then try to connect to the network from the PC again...

The Airport is setup to use the '802.11n (b/g compatible)' wireless. The PC is able to do both b and g wireless.

I tried a different encryption and a differnt channel. The PC still will not find the Airport through Airport Utility. Is there another way to find the Airport through Windows?

Hey Bob, thanks I tried that and it was of no help sadly.

If I remove the security from the base station the PC can see it within the Airport Utility, however if I double click the base station in that program I get an error message saying the connection failed and that I should check the network connections. Meanwhile the internet and connection are actually present and visible in the system tray. Weird. I cannot get it to work if I have any security set though.

Actually Fryke I did and still in the same situation. Cheer up mate, that post of yours sounds so sad.

Actually Fryke I did and still in the same situation. Cheer up mate, that post of yours sounds so sad.

Do you see other wireless stations ? If not, maybe the wireless card is bad, not correctly configured or not activated. On some pc's you have to activate the wireless option to have it working (sometimes a button on the laptop).

Good luck, Kees

Back