is there a problem with my booting process?

timslim12665

Registered
I have noticed that my hard drive turns over before the bong sound during booting which i can not remember if this has happened before,I have had his macbook 4 months and for the life of me I can not recall if it has happened before? please help thank you ;-)

Seems perfectly normal to me -- the hard drive has to spin up in order for the OS to load, so that has to be one of the first things that happens during the boot process.

Whether my MacBook's hard drive spins up before or after the chime I can't remember.

If no other things are wrong with your computer, I would say it's perfectly normal. If you suspect something's wrong, though, like it takes an abnormal amount of time to boot, or it feels sluggish, or some other problem, then we may need to investigate farther. As far as I'm concerned though, it's perfectly normal.

Eldiabloconcaca You have been very helpful and informative and I am grateful my friend, everything else is working ok and it is neither slow or unresponsive, so i am happy!, cheers ;-)

Back