is there a program for copying my own dvd? And how to switch between apps?

Keldud7

Registered
Hi there. I have a powerbook G4 running 10.4.6 (prolly irrelevant). And I was wondering if there is a program that I can get that will allow me to copy a movie I created so I can put it on another DVD (I deleted the imovie/idvd file already), but want to copy the movie and at least have it back on my computer. Is there a way to do that?
Also, this is a silly, shortcut question: How do I go back and forth between applications quickly (switch windows...like whichever is active to another). Thanks so much, have a gr8 day!

For the record, you can also do a "Burn as image" from iDVD, which will save an image of the disk, that you can burn over and over. But you deleted iDVD, so you'll have to copy the image off of your previous DVD..

You can use toast to make a disc image of your film on DVD, (not commercially protected) and then burn from your image to a new disc. It will also let you mount the disc image and it acts just like you have put an original disc in.

For navigating through documents and apps, use Exposé, (in the system prefs).
F9 shows all open windows, F10 for the app you're in, F11 shows the desktop, (handy if you have a cluttered screen) and F12 goes to dashboard

also, while we're on exposé, it never really seems natural when it's those keyboard shortcuts. instead, turn on screen hot corners (exposé preferences in system preferences). i'd have it to be bottom left: show all windows; bottom right: show desktop.

i love exposé, but i don't use the f-keys or the hot cornors. i have a ms scroll wheel mouse where the wheel is also a 3rd button, and being i use the exposé all windows, i set it to that. now i can switch between windows without taking my hand off the mouse. now thats real point and click there buddy!

I do use the f-keys, just never when I mean to. f11 and f12 are so conveniently close to the delete key!

[[[ please do *NOT* try to invent "innovative" thread titles. I had to edit yours. Keep thread titles simple, to the point summaries of what you're asking/requesting/saying... ]]]

Back