Is this THE ONE ?

tsizKEIK

its all about HOUSE music
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030617132034.shtml

i think it looks kind of ugly..
(and im not sure we can really trust this guy)

(and in case they take it off)

Attachments

• dontask2.jpg
    dontask2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 251
Everytime when we saw the pre-released machine in some bad image we thought it was ugly. Until the real thing appeared on Apple website, we all changed our mind.

At least this one has a slot loader! :^) I think it looks pretty good, but it's sure a deviation from the current G4's. Tell the truth, I think it looks a little bit like a wintel beige box, but I bet that's just the photo quality. It's made of Anodized Aluminum I guess, That's what a lot of rumors have been saying. This still doesn't mean it's real though!

Image seems consistent with rumors at least. The handles being more "built-in" to the design has been mentioned. Style similar to the brushed/striped look of the OS seems consistent.

Aside from being super fast, I just hope it's dead quiet and a bit lighter than the most recent models (my DP 867 is considerably heavier than my older DP 1 gig). Speaking of noise, why doesn't somebody just make a case that is riddled with holes for air circulation? It could be done in such a way as to look neat as well as be functional. It's not like I'm going to set it in a snow bank or something, what do I care if it's porous?

Was it my imagination or did some rumors mention frontside connections of some sort? Don't see them here.

If it's a fake, which it certainly may be, I like the fact that somebody took the time to "weather" it and make it seem more real. Nice touch. I also like the visible halftone.

I don't care for it too much, specially don't like the vertical bars. Its to square for my tastes.

I personally think its a fake, doesn't seem to have the Apple touch to it.

But if anyone wants to give me one, I'll gladly take it :D

No way :D
That looks like a overgrown Quadra from 1993 :p
Remember, ever since 1994, Macs have been round-shaped, and with today's trends, I don't think that is going to change anytime soon.

Actually...round is "out"...soooo 90's. Look at the newer cars these days. Squared off corners. The Current PM looks pretty dated in its basic case design.

Look at Apple's hardware page on their website. Every computer (except the Xserve, which isn't for looking at anyway) and the iPod has rounded edges on some part. Even the monitors are rounded. Square is so boring, it's not Apple; besides, squared corners are more accident-prone.

That picture (don't worry, I won't ask) is one ugly mother—. It looks like an ugly Wintel box (yes, an ugly one) with an Apple pasted on the side. Even this old beige G3 tower sitting on the desk here looks better than that.

ddma: You must be the most stupid member (;)) if you think we'd all change our minds about that thing being ugly if Apple actually came out with that machine. I still wouldn't like it, and I'd only buy it ($ not withstanding) if I really needed a powerful machine I could hide away, like for a music studio.

Im trying to look at with some color/shade. Standing far away from the pic, it looks kinda like a Mac type machine, but I still think Apple could do better than that.

From what I know Neo is The One! No way this could be The One! :p

Anyways, back to "normal": That image is SO bad that even if it IS the final G970-based Mac it surely makes it look DAMN UGLY... :D ;)

:)

From what I've been told, this sounds an awful lot like the new tower. Whether or not it's a real photo or someone's visualization, it seems to be hitting the mark. The real test will be if Apple legal puts the kaybosh on Macrumors for hosting the photo.

It's hard to gauge how it looks from the photo (if it's real). If it is truly made out of anonized aluminum, it's appearance will be much more striking than the photo.

My money is sitting in the bank waiting for a new dual 1.6ghz IBM970 powered Mac. If this is it, I'll be one happy camper....

After taking a 2nd look to that pic:
-Where is my 2nd bay to add another CD/DVD device?
-Where is the speaker?
-Where are the handles?
-And why the bottom left corner is blurred?
-IT IS DAMN UGLY!!!

I hope that this ISN'T the new PowerMac but Xserve or something... Yep! Now, that I'm thinking about it: It could be the new Xserve or even the rumored Xstation and not the new PowerMac! Then again it could be fake... :rolleyes:

Apple or not: That one looks UGLY... :eek:

Did I mention that it looks UGLY? :p

Yep! It is UGLY too! :D ;)

:)

Yes, and all of you also said that you didn't like the chrome-mirrored look of the current G4...Like people have been saying, don't judge the box by the spy photo, it's all about real life.

It looks like a doctored 4U Rack-Mount PC case on it's side...

I highly doubt Apple wants a Mac to look like a Wintel Box! A rack-mount for that matter!

Where did this picture come from? It's really nasty quality, and what's with the blur? Hiding something? :p

Plus the porportions seem wrong to me!

My guess - this is a fake!
Hope I'm right - that's one fugly Rack-Mount, err I mean Mac! :p
(Hell, My Rack-Mounts look better than that! lol).

Hey, look at the Apple logo. It isn't even photoshopped correctly on - it's pointing upwards, and doesn't match the perpective of the rest of the computer. It's simply an ugly looking unknown-brand rackmount thingy.
I'll seriously cut my hair if that piece of paper is real :D

Originally posted by arden
Look at Apple's hardware page on their website. Every computer (except the Xserve, which isn't for looking at anyway) and the iPod has rounded edges on some part.

I have. But look BACK. Look at the iBook NOW versus THEN. Look at the PowerBook. The PowerMac and the current displays are not a good gauge, sa their designs pre-date the current (overall trend) to less "swoopy" lines.

5 years ago color was the rage. Now white is it (not just in Apple's products BTW).

I'm not talking about sharp, hard corners. But clearly the current PowerMac case does not fit with the overall design theme of the where the whole product line has been going in the past couple of years.

Back