iSight not working

Well first we should see if it is a hardware failure. To see if the Mac totally lost it follow these steps:

1. Click on the top left blue Apple and select "About This Mac".

2. When the "About This Mac" window pops up select "More Info ...".

3. The program "System Profiler" will now launch.

4. In the "System Profiler" left hand column highlight "USB".

5. Then look in the right viewing window and see if it sees the iSight is still built-in.

If it is not listed then try to mack it reset by doing the procedure of resetting your Pram. This might mack the machine find the iSight. Please report back to see if it does or not. Good Luck.

Thanks for your help!

But I reset the PRAM and the SMC and still not working, and do not appear listed on the System Profiler.

Thanks a lot!

That is something on the logic board that might have broke. Call Apple and hope you still have a Apple Warranty.

Maybe, you forgot to turn the iSight on, or wrong USB port (not on keyboard). Plug it on iMac instead.

I am not exact sure if you need to check with your Disk Utility (Application/Utilities folder).

Maybe, you forgot to turn the iSight on, or wrong USB port (not on keyboard). Plug it on iMac instead.

I am not exact sure if you need to check with your Disk Utility (Application/Utilities folder).

excpet that this is an imac, and the isight is built in to the computer!

Oh really! Sorry.

I think that you need to update your system's version by clicking Apple's icon on the left top corner. Click "Software Update."

Or, Try this: run your Hardware Test CD that came with your iMac.

You are lucky that your computer has iSight built-in because I dislike the wires in the back of my monitor for iSight. But, it is not that important to me.

Back