iSight troubleshooting

istyan

Registered
Hi

I got some problems with iSight. When i turn it on or plug it, iChat opens but tells me that iSight is used by another application. In system profiler iSight is listed.

I tried to install update iSight updater 1.0.2 or 1.0.3 but the application doesn't see the cam and asks me to plug it.

I tried changing the firewire ports, the cable... But nothing seems to work. I think it's a software problems, but no idea about how to solve it.

Any help or suggestions ???

I'm running an imac g4 17" with panther 10.3.9

Uninstall Quicktime and it's plist files and then restart and reinstall Quicktime 7.0.1

Do a search for anything with the name "QuickTime" and all the files with that name will show up, including .plist files and what not. Then delete the files that you don't need (which would be all the QuickTime files and those files associated with QuickTime).

hi me again

Did the remove reinstall of quicktime and problem is going on.

I tried to plug the isight in an ibook and i get the same symptoms. I'm starting to think my iSight is broken....

I always get the message: "no camera connected" (for imovie or ivisit) and "camera used by another application" on iChat.

On system profiler:
iSight:

Manufacturer: Apple Computer, Inc.
Model: iSight
Unit Spec Id: 41005
Speed: 400 Mb/sec Speed
Unit Software Version: 102

I can't install any isight update. The app asks me to connect iSight even so it's connected and listed in Sys profiler.

another question:
since ichat says that isight is used by another app, is there any way to know which one?

That means something is using the ports the iSight uses in iChat. So how are you connecting to the net? Are you using a router, dsl, cable or satellite?

Hi

I connect via DSL on ethernet port.

I use an external Firewire HD but usually it's off. (and working just fine)
From time to time i connect some iPods.

OK. Did you try different bandwidth settings in iChat? DSL is not as fast as ISPs claims them to be.

Tried that. same problem going on. Tried with Skype too and getting the message: no camera attached.

What could be the solution?

Is there a way to flash isight and reinstall the software inside? (because i suppose there are some codes inside the camera, no?)

Back