ISync Help!?!?

Shibby

Homer
I need help getting my palm to sink with my address book. It wil sync with with the address book that is included with the palm desktop but i cant get it to sync with my mac address book. HELP!!!

Did you get the preference setting right? ANyway, I think iSync being beta is a little buggy. I am having problems now with my T68i syncing up with my iMac G4 through Bluetooth.

For the record, I had the same problem with my Palm.

You DO actually have to install both iSync AND the "iSync Palm" package (included with the download) to sync with a Palm device. You also have to go into your Palm Hotsync Manager and enable the isync conduit.

However, even after I had done that, I could not get it to work. :(

You also have to disable Palm's address book and date book conduits, if you haven't already. You can't sync to both Palm Desktop and iSync. And yes, you do have to disable BOTH palm conduits for iSync to work at all. Unfortunately, you can't do a calendar sync to palm desktop and address sync to Address book, it is all or nothing. Hope this helps!.

Originally posted by macavenger
You also have to disable Palm's address book and date book conduits, if you haven't already. You can't sync to both Palm Desktop and iSync. And yes, you do have to disable BOTH palm conduits for iSync to work at all. Unfortunately, you can't do a calendar sync to palm desktop and address sync to Address book, it is all or nothing. Hope this helps!.

After two days and HOURS of downloading and reinstalling every palm app I have because of syncing probs w/ osx address book, i never realized it was all or nothing. it just stopped syncing and i couldn't figure it out. thanks for the tid bit of info!!! ( i could have sworn it worked w/ both at the same time). :confused:

NOW i have another issue. in trying to figure out what was going on, i added new users. Even though i've removed the "fake" users on my HotSync users area, they STILL show up on the iSync app and i can't seem to get rid of them. any ideas?

kafene.

Back