iSync problem after 10.5.2

wraith

Rock Dork
I've been syncing my address book and calendar with my Nokia e62 for a long time. After the install of 10.5.2 iSync won't even run. It just hops once in the dock, and then nothing happens. The iSync icon does appear in the menu bar however. Unfortunately, clicking on "Sync Now" just tries to open the iSync app, which just does that single hop thing again. Has anyone else seen this?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I tried deleting the iSync preferences plist file, and that didn't fix it.

Open /Applications/Utilities/Console and let that logging program run. Then try to launch iSync. Then when it crashes look at the Console log to see what reported the error was and please report that line only.

Thanks Satcomer,

I've done it, and I realised that was a problem with the phone plugin. I've reinstalled and now works!

Thanks for your time and for your advice. I'm a newbie switcher...

Cheers,

I've got exactly the same problem albeit with a different phone (SonyEricsson W810i) - iSync bounces once in dock but doesn't start. I've followed the instructions above but that one bounce in the dock does seem to add any messages to the Console so I'm still none the wiser as to where the problem is.

If someone could let me know where I'd find the phone plugin file (as I can try deleting that and see if it fixes the problem) or can tell me where I'm going wrong with console it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
MMM

I have had issues for a while now, too. Like previously mentioned, I had problems with my Sony w810i. And, now, I get this pop-up when starting me Macbook (see attached.) I have the Leopard version 10.5.8 and I wonder if the problem is related to an update from many moons ago. I used to be able to interact with my phone contacts and calendars.

Help!
- Candace

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    screen-capture.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
Back