It still works after 15 years of use.

fryke said:
Guess you didn't understand my message, then. ;) ... PB 180: Perfect computer for writing stories in Cafés, parks (sunlit!) etc. Packard-Bell desktop: EW!!!!
Of course I understood it. What's not to understand? I was just being my usual sarcastic self. (Though I really *do* have a 10-year-old Packard-Bell desktop, which I haven't used since I bought my iBook. Yup, I'm a proud Mac convert.)

I'm a writer, and I'm very happy with my 12-inch iBook. I take it EVERYwhere I go. It's like my new best friend. And it's always there whenever I want to jot something down or spend time working on a story or whatever. Plus, it's speedy for great Internet browsing, etc.

*hugs and kisses her computer*

I actually _had_ bought the very same iBook you have for using it as my typewriter on the go. And I must admit it's VERY good for the task. My problem was that I didn't really need TWO notebooks and that the iBook wasn't up to speed (and display resolution) for my graphics/layout work. So when I sold one, it had to be the iBook...
Here's to my wish for a 13.3" widescreen i- or PowerBook... *sigh* :)

fryke said:
I actually _had_ bought the very same iBook you have for using it as my typewriter on the go. And I must admit it's VERY good for the task. My problem was that I didn't really need TWO notebooks and that the iBook wasn't up to speed (and display resolution) for my graphics/layout work. So when I sold one, it had to be the iBook...
Here's to my wish for a 13.3" widescreen i- or PowerBook... *sigh* :)
I'm surprised you don't have a 17-inch PowerBook. Or is that the one you're shooting for?...

Amie: No, as I've said, I would like my PB to have both a high resolution AND a small display. Hence the 13" widescreen wish...

fryke said:
Amie: No, as I've said, I would like my PB to have both a high resolution AND a small display. Hence the 13" widescreen wish...
You want a PowerBook with a small display, get a 12-inch PB.

Amie said:
You want a PowerBook with a small display, get a 12-inch PB.

I believe fryke migh be referring to the rumors of the possible Intel iBook with a 13.3" wide screen display and high WXGA resolution that might be released in January, 6 months before the announced release of the Intel Macs. I would love to own one of those once they come out. :D

I guess if they really _do_ come out, I'll have to buy one even though my ugprade cycle would not allow me to...

Steve Jobs says you must buy it. the credit-card-hand can't be controlled. i don't really know why i own a shuffle. i use it, but i can't remember the thought process when i was buying it....

strange.

Back