iTunes 4.5

Urbansory said:
If here is anyway to extract it, that would be very helpful. What is the package installer that allows for taking them off the install CD? I have a package here, but it does not allow me to install it, so i assume it's aware of iTunes on the system. So how do i remove iTunes 4.5.

I guess i had a corrupt library, because i have plenty of copies, and all of them would import 1/3 then unexpectantly quit. So until i figure out how to save my playlists, I'm stuck with 4.2.
Try pacifist

Thanks, now i have iTunes 4. Tried to import a newly exported playlist, and that didn't work. I get an error -50. Not sure what else I can do, because there is something causing iTunes to crash, whatever it is, the same song crashes iTunes 4 as well.

Close to saying goodbye to two years of song counting.

I had a similar problem when using iCommune, it added a couple of files to my iTunes Music folder that iTunes would choke on while importing.

Trached my music folder (backup on another drive), and that didn't work. Then i got it to import from an XML, it only brings in the first playlist, about 124 songs. Then it gets that error and stops each time. I'm stumped on this one.

Both the iTunes and iPod update are great!!! I like the new eject botton that appears next to my iPod icon in iTunes. Now I don't have to drag it to the trash each time it's done recharging.

gollum84 said:
Both the iTunes and iPod update are great!!! I like the new eject botton that appears next to my iPod icon in iTunes. Now I don't have to drag it to the trash each time it's done recharging.

You know you could just right click on the iPod in iTunes and click Eject "ipod name" right? ;)

the new ipod update updates 2.1 to 2.2 or ipod mini 1 to 1.1 HOPEFULLY this will stop the mini crashing sooo much! anyway just installed so ill get back on that 1 - just having a first look at Itunes 4.5 (just downloaded that 2) looks gd!

Arden said:
No kidding... really? It's about time, now we at least have the choice to use other services besides the iTMS (not that we'd want to...) and be able to play the songs in iTunes.

The WMA support doesn't do anything with "protected" WMA files, just allows "unprotected" WMAs to be CONVERTED (not played natively in iTunes)

I chalked it as a loss, obviously the file is corrupt, and trying to save it is pointless now. But if a way comes about to fix the file, i still have backups of it.

What's up with the WMA to AAC being a Windows-only feature? Disappointing. I just downloaded some songs from band's site yesterday that were WMA, and I was all excited that I could convert them. No luck since I'm on a Mac though.

d8n_two

kainjow said:
Dude, thats a nice little app and all, but it would be nice if it were built-in. (Yeah, I'm that lazy.) Especially considering they built it into the Windows version. It's not that big of a deal though. I tried the feature on a Windows machine of a friend. The results are just okay, but that is all you can expect from a lossy to lossy conversion I guess. I'm digging the other new features. The app as a whole seems to have a little more zip than before.

d8n_two

The only think I don't like is the profusion of arrows. Everything else is pure pleasure.

One thing to improve (I needed to find at least one): the album listing that you can print: it doesn't handle compilations with various artists correctly.

I knew there would be WMA to AAC conversion. Now that is a killer! well done apple;) i like the idea of video clips too, so what can we expect with the next iPod?

iTunes has been solid for the past year. The features added today have not added the WOW factor. This update falls short of a great update. The only feature worth mentioning is the Lossless Audio Codec.

Back