iTunes 4.5

When importing music, do you guys think that it would be better to use apple lossless encoder instead of either mp3 or aac encoder?

I look at it like this, what format can you get the most use out of, without re-encoding? MP3 for me, although I started doing ACC to save size on the collections i archive. But for multipurpose, i go with MP3. But standards change, you'll encode them again.

is anyone else not able to sign in to the music store?!?! I wanted to get the free song, but whenever I go to sign in it comes up with this - "We could not complete your Music Store request. There was an error in the Music Store. Please try again later" . I went to apple.com and signed in from the apple online store to make sure my account was still working and I had the right password, sure enough it signed me in..........so why wont iTunes? I quit, reopened, logged out and in and tried, and im still getting this error........Anyone else experiencing this? If not, I guess I'll try redownloading it.

hmm disregard that.....restarted and it worked fine. and then safari unexpectedly quit for the first time........weird stuff going on tonight lol

Jackdahi, this is just an incremental "point" update, and offers some surprising changes for such a small update. Significant changes are usually only deployed in major updates.

On the other hand, point updates have been known, in the past, to precede new hardware technology updates. For instance, with the new iPod software, it wouldn't surprise me if voice recording was added to the next batch of iPods as a native feature, as opposed to being a plug-in device. I'd expect it would only be likely on the iPod, not the iPod mini, in order to differentiate the iPod product more from it's Mini sibling.

I'd say there's a few things there "worth mentioning", Jackdahi. I'm grateful for the ability to create CD sleeves and printed playlists.

jon, I was able to get in and saw the song for free (and im in australia, no less!) but then realised it isn't anything special. It's a FooFighters track from their last album. Nothing special. Ok, so its free. But i was expecting it to be something special, like one of the exclusives, or something.

oh man. I've had nothing but problems since upgrading. my iPod, when it connects, just stops everything, and iTunes just sits there... does nothing. then about 15 minutes later, it finally puts the iPod icon on my desktop.

iTunes, during this, just makes the cursor spin and spin, and I can't even update.

Oh great.

Hrmm, ok. No biggie. Ipod update is good to see as there were a few problems with the contrast, however i can still listen to my songs on itunes just the same as i did 30 mins ago when i downloaded the update. Buttons that take me to the iTMS next to every song in my libary..err ok, i care about that.

Party Shuffle load of kack. The rest is all good. Overall not a bad update. but for people in Europe atm, its very iTMS centric - shame we aint got it yet.

gerbick said:
oh man. I've had nothing but problems since upgrading. my iPod, when it connects, just stops everything, and iTunes just sits there... does nothing. then about 15 minutes later, it finally puts the iPod icon on my desktop.

iTunes, during this, just makes the cursor spin and spin, and I can't even update.

Oh great.

Check here and see if you can find any help...

baggss, unless you have a certain forum or thread in mind and link to that, just linking to the ipodlounge forum in every itunes-related thread doesn't do anyone here much good.

iTunes is now multi user aware in Panther. So I no longer get a pony message stating that someone is already using iTunes if I switch into my account and fire it up. Not only that but I can see the other logged in users library as a shared playlist.

This is just what I wanted/needed.

Hurrah for Apple. :D

Back