iTunes error 9006

PBear

Registered
I was trying to update my son's iPhone 4s to iOS 6.1.1 but I opted to "download only". After it was done downloading iTunes 11.0.1 was doing something, I forgot exactly what. Optimizing? Anyway iTunes showed the error 9006 and the download disappeared, 0 kb of XX. I did a Google search and found this article on Apple's site.
My early 08 2.5 GHz OSX 10.6.8 MBP has no 3rd party security software installed.
In the built in firewall iTunes is allowed incoming connections but in my router, a Linksys WRT54G v6, I don't see where I can open/restrict ports 80 and 443.
Pings from my Mac to albert.apple.com and photos.apple.com all came back fine.
There is no .ipsw file for me to delete, rename or move.

The previous update for the iPhone ended up in an error after iTunes removed the old software and I had to restore the iPhone, then install the backup. It was odd after the backup installation iTunes showed that the iPhones software was up to date.

The only thing I can think of is to connect my Mac directly to the modem bypassing the router and try downloading the update again. Is there anything else I should try to get this update? Thanks.

I bypassed the router and downloaded iOS 6.1.2 without a hitch. Haven't installed onto the iPhone yet.

It will not help now. You posted on a 5 1/2 year old thread. Stay on the most recent threads please.

Back