Itunes music store streaming

whougonacall

Registered
Just wanted to know if 56k modem users can stream music at I.T. Store. I was trying to listen to some stuff but it's obviously set at about 128 kbps so it plays for 3 seconds and the stalls. I mean iTunes Radio offers streaming ofr 56k users. I would love to go broad band but AOL uk dont offer broad band for mac users, is it the same in the US?

If you want to use the iTunes music store properly with your 56k modem, you need to go into the iTunes preferences, click "Store" and make sure "Load Complete Preview Before Playing" is checked. This way, it will download the whole 30 second clip, then play the whole thing with no interruptions.

Dumb question:

How is it that AOL does not offer broadband for Mac users? Is there not an option to get DSL/Satellite/Cable and bypass the "extra features" specific to AOL?

nojay said:
Dumb question:

How is it that AOL does not offer broadband for Mac users? Is there not an option to get DSL/Satellite/Cable and bypass the "extra features" specific to AOL?

what do you mean bypass extra features?

And what ISP's do you recommend for broad band in the UK on OSX, well maybe you cant answer that question, but anyone from the UK feel free to enlighten me.

whougonacall said:
iTunes Radio offers streaming ofr 56k users.

Just FYI, Apple nor iTunes has anything to do with the radio stations that appear in the list. They're all independently run and streamed by companies other than Apple, and the stream rates are set by those companies.

Kind of like Apple isn't responsible for the quality of photos you have in iPhoto, just iPhoto itself. The quality depends on another company, i.e. the manufacturer of your digital camera. Likewise, Safari isn't responsible for the speed of the websites you visit -- the websites' hosting companies are.

whougonacall said:
I would love to go broad band but AOL uk dont offer broad band for mac users, is it the same in the US?

http://macsupporters.gold.ac.uk/ispbroad.html

The AOL broadband services don't work on the Mac but you can connect through them. If you have your modem drivers and the AOL software and the dial up info, it'll work, they just dont support it.

I am with BT and it was the same story with them to begin with, although they kinda support it now.......

ex0dus said:
http://macsupporters.gold.ac.uk/ispbroad.html

The AOL broadband services don't work on the Mac but you can connect through them. If you have your modem drivers and the AOL software and the dial up info, it'll work, they just dont support it.

I am with BT and it was the same story with them to begin with, although they kinda support it now.......

lol Goldsmiths Uni, aynways an odd link however quite useful info thanks, are you a student there?

Isn't AOL canceling their broadband service? I seem to recall seeing a news article about them telling a bunch of mid-western customers to find another DSL/Cable carrier in the next month.

Back