iTunes not responding

mw84

Registered
Having a few problems with iTunes (latest version)! After waking my computer from sleep mode I've found iTunes to be 'not responding', I force quit using activity monitor but the iTunes icon in my dock still shows it as open and as such won't let me reopen it until I've restarted the computer.

Any help greatly appreciated as usual. :)

The download the current 10.4.9 Intel Combo Update and run it. This might help. If it doesn't mosey over to the folder /YourHardDrive/YourUserName/Library/preferences/ and delete the file com.apple.iTunes.plist. See if iTunes starts after that. Good Luck.

I downloaded 10.4.9 the other week (need to update my sig), do you mean I should re-download this? Also deleted the plist file, to no avail. :(

I've had to resort to audion, which I hate. Really would be grateful to anyone that could help me sort this out.

Yes you downloaded 10.4.9 the other week but I bet you used the Software Update version. Am I correct?

The Software Update version is called the Delta Version. This version is a update file that does nothing but updates the existing file. The Combo update replaces the file that needs to be updated. This is why if you want to go straight from 104.0 to 104.9 you would use the Combo Update. One other thing helps with the Combo update. The Combo update will replace the that one file that may have been corrupt that might be important.

So download the Combo Update because and install it. It might help but it won't hurt it anything.

Sorry, forgot about this thread!

Anyway just to update you, I downloaded the combo update like you suggested, also trashed the .plist file and neither made a difference. :(

Been reduced to using audion for about one month now, extremely irritating. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

Back