iTunes on a TV?

kerisbf

geez o pete
Hi all!
Is there any way I could hook up my iBook to a television to display iTunes visualizations? It would be great if I could work it to have the visualizations only on the tv, and not my screen...

Any suggestions?

keris

Your iBook will mirror the display to composite output. That's the round jack on the left side of your keyboard (to the right of the USB ports). You need to buy a iBook tv cable from Apple. I have the cable and an iBook, and I have used a tv several times in my classroom for presentations.

Note, though, that this is only a mirror of what is on the display. If the Mac is showing visualizations, so will the tv.

Your iBook will mirror the display to composite output. That's the round jack on the left side of your keyboard (to the right of the USB ports). You need to buy a iBook tv cable from Apple. I have the cable and an iBook, and I have used a tv several times in my classroom for presentations.

Note, though, that this is only a mirror of what is on the display. If the Mac is showing visualizations, so will the tv.

Yeah man, I hooked up the iBook output to a projector at one of the parties I threw and the guests were impressed with the "visual effects show", or maybe they were tripping on something... hmmm..... nevermind... :D

does the same apply for an imac? that is, can i plug my imac into a telly - yes i am aware of the ridiculousness of wanting to lug an imac next to my television, but am curious all the same

when I had two monitors hooked up to my G4 over the summer, I wanted to see if i could get the visualizer in one and still work on the other. Unfortunately this is not the case. Once you click in either monitor the visualizer goes bye bye... :-(

Originally posted by super_pup
does the same apply for an imac? that is, can i plug my imac into a telly - yes i am aware of the ridiculousness of wanting to lug an imac next to my television, but am curious all the same

Nope. Not out of the box anyway. Even the newer ones with the external video still don't have any hookup for a TV

I got a CDN $30 cable called the "Apple Video Adaptor" which plugs into the ADC and has an S-Video Out and RCA Video Out, but it doesn't display properly on my TV (it's totally scrambled, though identifiable).

I think it might be DVD copy-protection though (like the PS/2) since my TV has a built-in VCR...the scramble pattern is almost identical to the PS/2. I think I'll call Apple about this tomorrow ;)

To Unlearnthetruth:

About that visualizer on two monitors: Why not open iTunes on one monitor and turn off fullscreen (command - f). It wouldn't be exactly the same, but close. Or am I missing something?

iBook can only mirror.

TiBook can do spanning.

Though, I thought I heard somewhere that newer iBooks can do spanning. Real spanning I mean, not a hack job. But I am not confirmed.

Back