iTunes - Pepsi is a FARCE, a LIE, and a SHAME

solrac

Mac Ninja
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok, fine... for the first week of February, I didn't mind. Perhaps some stores were slow to get Pepsis in with the iTunes game.

By the second week of February, I was dissappointed.

Now February is over. The contest / game if half-way over. And I have not seen ONE PEPSI AT ALL, with the iTunes game on it.

I live in Southern California, in LA County. Manhattan Beach to be exact. I have gone to the following places, throughout all of February:

- 14 7-11 stores
- 3 Ralphs supermarkets
- a bunch of random liquor stores
- Sav ON
- Vons
- 2 Albertsons

There are NO PEPSIS WITH ITUNES.

NONE.

All I find are Pepsis with some Lakers or Football game on them. I can't believe it if I'm the first person to complain about this. I did find slurpee cups at 7-11 with the iTunes game on them, and I have won 3 songs in iTunes so far. But I don't like slurpees. I like Pepsis, and I thought it would be cool to win free songs since I drink Pepsi anyway.

Why am I so angry?
- I don't get to drink Pepsi and win free songs
- I wasted a LOT of time going around looking for Pepsis
- I was really expecting this, especially considering the numbers: a multimillion dollar superbowl ad, 100 million songs, etc. etc.

Well, whatever. If someone lives around here and knows where some Pepsis are, please email me at solrac@enola.net

dude. relax... :p
the money u spent on goin to all the stores would have bought u at least 5-10 songs from iTMS :)

if u just wanna haave the bottle a collectible item.. then wait a few days. you will find one eventually !

I'm in Orange County, just southish of LA, and we, too, have the damn Laker game going on. it's pretty dang sucky. SUCK SUCK SUCKY. WHere's my free iTunes?

I did buy a slurpee, and get a free song.... but I like Pepsi and Sierra Mist just fine.

GRRRRR

Tell the store owners that you wanted to buy pepsis and that you don't buy anything as they don't have them .. sounds really bad luck. Either no one around theredrinks it (hard to believe) or everyone buys it..?

My wifes coffee shop here in nowheresville, PA has a crate of them. Yeah, I hacked a couple to see if the rumors were true...they are, but I haven't purchased any one way or the other, I just wanted to see if you could see, and you can.

Later,
Eddie

Giaguara said:
Tell the store owners that you wanted to buy pepsis and that you don't buy anything as they don't have them .. sounds really bad luck. Either no one around theredrinks it (hard to believe) or everyone buys it..?

Probably some marketing people at Pepsi think that they will sell more Lakers bottles near to LA than iTMS bottles. Are they wrong ?

They're all over here in the NYC area. I haven't seen a pepsi without the contest label in awhile. Some stores are probably just slow to stock the new bottles.

All over Virginia too and easily hacked! My friend drinks Pepsi and wins almost every bottle. Gives the songs to me to get for him and I make him (and me) cd's.

I live in Atlanta for goodness sakes (Coca-Cola land) and I've had no problem finding Pepsi bottles with iTunes caps. So far I've been 4 for 6 in getting a free song. :)

You can't blame Pepsi or Apple for a "Farce" and/or a "lie". Blame your local stores who aren't putting out the goods.

Isn't that weird, though? That we should be so slow to get them in a major megalopolis like the LA/OC area?

i have seen only in one 7-11 that can sell slurpees for the contest.

have yet to see a bottle for the contest

Central PA here, I've redeemed about twenty so far. By the way if you tilt a 20oz bottle just right you can look up through the side plastic and see if you have a winner before you buy it. Just don't make it too obvious what you're doing. :D

I live in Toronto, Ontario and because of the copyright laws, (we can download music but it illigal to upload it) there is no access to music store! The huge campaign that pepsi is putting on is totally useless up here.

Have fun downloading… :mad:

Back