Itunes, Safari and mac updates do not work...

peppy_81

Registered
Hi all

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me some help, my itunes will open but immediatley shut down, my safari offers up a message to the effect that I do not have any internet connection and my updates will not work saying as well that there is no internet connection.

I think I have messed up me computer when I was messing around with the settings to try and watch ABC TV to try and watch season 4 of lost online, but me being in the UK I needed to change some settings which would have enabled me to watch this. However I have messed up my computer and not even been able to watch the program online.

Could someone please offer me up some help, I am getting really frustrated with not being able to put new music onto my ipod and I am probably behind with updating my machine.

Hope that all make sense, I am not great with computing technical terms!!

Thank You

Did you set up the internet settings in System Prefs to begin with? Is your user account an Admin or Standard type? Are you using DSL or Dial-Up etc?

Exactly what are the settings you were messing around with?

What Mac do you have and what OS version?

I was messing about with the proxies section of the network part of my computer, now I am not sure what it is meant to be set at.

I would expect that I have an administration account.

I have a broadband connection

I am working on OS X 10.4.11

Hope that all makes sense, any other information that you need to help me solve the problem I will do my best to get it to you.

Many thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.

I was messing about with the proxies section of the network part of my computer, now I am not sure what it is meant to be set at.
Unless you have a proxy server that, well, "serves as a proxy" between your computer and the internet, you should have NO proxy settings set.

Back