Itunes Skins

Well, the files I downloaded have image folders, skin.ini files etc so I don't think they're just artist views.

you can also find skins for iTunes for Mac OS X... they come in a .rsrc file, that you may copy in iTunes (show package content), Contents>Resources...

Then again, iTunes has been made by Apple and looks _so_ good, in fact, you don't need any of those half-baked skins available for other MP3-playing software. Skins are - I think - an excuse for initially bad design. You don't happen to drive an S-class Mercedes with a lot of stickers, spoilers and a flaming airbrush across the sides, do you? ;)

well, have you seen the difference between the normal alfa romeo 147 (my car) and the 147 GTA? ;)
BTW, i tried a skin for iTunes once, didn't like the new one, for the reason you're talking about, then restored the old .rsrc file... but other people can like a different style, in particular if you've changed the theme for their desktop... in my case, i think that on my iBook the default theme is the best looking choice, therefore normal iTunes is for me like the GTA... :)

most of the itunes "skins" just change the metal texture, and change the colour of the buttons. not exactly a real skin (think soundjam, WMP, WinAMP)

however.fryke is right. why would you want to change itunes?

fryke said:
Then again, iTunes has been made by Apple and looks _so_ good, in fact, you don't need any of those half-baked skins available for other MP3-playing software. Skins are - I think - an excuse for initially bad design. You don't happen to drive an S-class Mercedes with a lot of stickers, spoilers and a flaming airbrush across the sides, do you? ;)

Four last sentense.... I don't know.

fryke said:

Thank you for your personal opinion, but I'm still trying to figure how does this answer the original question? Sorry, then again, maybe you don't know how the answer to the question...

Back