iTV

mw84

Registered
All very impressive but is there any chance Apple will actually add films to the UK iTunes store before releasing it in the UK? I can't see the point of bothering otherwise. I can't personally see them selling huge numbers here until this happens, sure maybe you want to watch the music videos you've bought on iTunes on a big screen but do you want to watch them as much as you want £200?

Why not just use a DVD player and save time ripping? Or just watch them on your computer and save £200. I see what you're saying but I still think it's time for the UK iTunes store to catch up though. Does anyone know the reason we don't have films yet? Is it down to licensing or something?

most likely.

i ripped these in an ongoing effort to leave dvd's behind, like i did with CD's. i find having to change dvd's tiresome (not just the physical getting up, but the endless licencing spiel either end, and the anti-piracy propaganda that pisses me off. i don't like the dvd format, i just like the picture and sound quality), and the sooner i can leave all that beinhd, the better.

AppleTV isn't something that I can see being useful, for me anyway. We've got my old G4 plugged into the TV as a media server and since we don't have an LCD/Plasma, the biggest drawback is the poor resolution for using the Finder. I've tried stuff like MediaCentral but I still end up using an iBook and VNC for control.

Even for those with an appropriate TV, I still don't quite see the draw, especially when you can pay a little more and get a Mini.

Hmmm... so £300 (or thereabouts) for a wireless transmitter. Maybe I'll get that hard-drive dvd recorder with Freeview afterall.

I know I will buy one just after I finally decide to get a plasma HD TV.
Forget plasma and just buy an LCD TV. Better life span, no burn-in, less heat, and the new LCDs have just as good contrast and response as the plasmas of 1-2 years ago. Oh yea, a few hundred $$$ cheaper too.

Back