iWeb Publishing error

danzdanowicz

Registered
Has anyone yet come up with a solution for the publishing problem with latest version of iWeb just released? Seems it creates the pages ok, but when it goes to publish to dotMac it stops mid way with an error statement against some random photo file, a different one each time. It will publish ok to a folder though. Lots of discussion about this in Apple Discussion forum but no answers. I wonder if Apple is going to fix this or if a work around exists.

My error message is different. I've had, for the last two weeks, the following error message when trying to update my iWeb page to .mac:

There was an error determining the .Mac publish configuration values. Please try again in a few minutes.

I hope someone out there knows how to fix this problem. Apple sure doesn't.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

I have iWeb 1.1.2 on my G4 Powerbook / OS X 10.4.7, and when I tried this morning to Publish my first-ever webpage on .Mac, I got that message:

"There was an error determining the .Mac publish configuration values.
Please try again in a few minutes."

I have been trying all day !
I am connected to ADSL by an Airport Extreme.
I tried a direct ethernet connection to the ADSL modem, with no difference.
My .Mac status is OK on all points.

Has anyone found out the origin of this "error", or found a solution or even a work-around"??

regards, Trevor

Hi Trevor,
No solution yet, but I am starting to get frustrated and angry at Apple. Let's just keep "raising Cain" until we get a satisfactory answer. I'm paying $99 US dollars a year for my .Mac membership. I am beginning to think "what a waste!"

Bill

Who can explain it? Today, I tried to publish, and it worked first time.
I changed nothing at all, just clicked on "Publish" as before.
It was published in less than a minute:

http//web.mac.com/hutleytj/

puzzled, from Geneva...

Trevor

Hi-
I've been building a site for a month now and publishing it regularly. My pictures have not changed, just the descriptions and comments and layout. Last night, I started getting this publishing error: "Can’t create the file “large.jpg.” The disk may be damaged or full, or you may not have sufficient access privileges."- :confused: Everytime i'd reformat the picture, it would come up with another picture. All the pics in question are mine- nothing pirated and nothing new. Very frustrating b/c I was going to go public with it on tuesday.
HELP, HELP, HELP!!

Back