iWork '07 or '08 or Never?

BikerRob

Registered
I think my biggest disappointment was still not mention of a new version of iWork. All I want it a few upgrades to Pages and I will drop Word from my computer. I have fallen in love with Keynote since switching over from a PC, and hope to see what they do with it "next".

But ... no mention of iWork in January ... and still no mention.

I'm still a Mac newbie ... some of you veterans tell me: when do we now expect to see a new version of iWork?

Rob

I think my biggest disappointment was still not mention of a new version of iWork. All I want it a few upgrades to Pages and I will drop Word from my computer. I have fallen in love with Keynote since switching over from a PC, and hope to see what they do with it "next".

But ... no mention of iWork in January ... and still no mention.

I'm still a Mac newbie ... some of you veterans tell me: when do we now expect to see a new version of iWork?

Rob

I believe that these programs will be released when Leopard is release because they are tied to Leopard's Core Animation and .Mac overhaul.

... what Satcomer said. That'd mean: October '07.
By "upgrades to Pages" you don't mean "more templates", right? ;)

I'd expect that the updated version of iWork will be launched at Macworld in January next year. They'll want to wait until Leopard has been picked up by at least 50% of the customer base likely to spend money on a program like iWork, and there is little reason for them to rush its release. A new version of iWork every couple of years sounds pretty sensible to me.

And I agree with Biker Rob - I really love Keynote, and wish Pages would come along just a little bit more, so I could ditch MS Word completely.

Fryke: lol ... nooooo, not more templates. I just wish that Pages had a "little" more word processing capabilities ... I want a Word replacement with Pages. (I know there are other programs, but I want less programs on my computer not more). I did try using Pages exclusively for a few months, but missed some of the processing features of Word.
The rumour mill also had the next version of iWork having a spreadsheet program.

Just wishing it would be released, that's all!

Rob

Back