iWork '13 has just been updated

rubaiyat

Registered
iWork '13 has just been updated

Apple has issued the first update to its unpopular update to the iWork suite for Maverick.

Users have been flooding Apple's Pages forums with complaints about the over 90 features that were removed from Pages alone.

Simultaneously Apple removed ALL the, mostly, negative reviews from all their App Stores for all the iWork apps, Pages 5, Keynote 6 and Numbers 3.

Apparently Apple does listen, and when it doesn't like what it hears...

Well, this is interesting. I just started a thread about my personal disappointment with Mavericks in general, Pages and Numbers in particular.

Well, this is interesting. I just started a thread about my personal disappointment with Mavericks in general, Pages and Numbers in particular.

Well your just Good luck. :)

I also found if you put the recent older versions in it's own "iWork '09' folder then the old version still works next to the new versions that just sit in the main /Applications/ folder.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't look at /Applications, but the older versions are still there in "iWork '09". However, now that I have "updated" several documents, I doubt that they can be opened by the earlier programs.

Then with the offending program just highlight the output file, do a Get Info on it and point all files like it to the old programs.

The new Pages can "export" to the old Pages. I discovered this during a frustration induced tantrum and managed to get one document back into a workable form.

Back