Jag boot requiring PSWD

MLJ_osxcom

Registered
I installed Jag as clean install on one G4 and it boots directly to the desktop.

On another G4, I did a Archive ,Save & install on a partition copy of a 10.1.5 OSX system. On this G4, the Jaguar boot stops at a login screen & requires a password and will then go the desktop.

I am the only user on both macs. How can I set the 2nd G4 to just skip the ongin/pswd screen and boot directly to the desktop? I am the only user and admin on both G4 macs.

I vaguely remember something about this in 10.1.5, but I can find nothing in Jag to change it.

I am a relative OSX newbie.
Thanks

go to your control panels, to the "accounts" panel, highlight your name and check the box "Log in automatically as ..."

Solved! Thanks for help.

I had looked in Sys Prefs but only at Personal, My Account which did not let me do much anything but change pswd.

Further down, under System, was ACCOUNTS, and there I could choose my user account, and then change it to auto logon.

Thanks much, that cuts extra time & hassle of login out of the loop.

What if there's only one user, and autologin is set to on and I still have to give my password everytime on startup?

MAC OS X 10.2.1

Thanks

Found it, altough autologin was set to on, I still had to choose edit user, and give my password and then it's possible to click the other autologin button. Hmmm very strange... But it works

Back