Jaguar and my Monitor

Majin Silver

Registered
Ok, I'm running Jaguar, and have a monitor question.
It resizes itself. I'll be just minding my own business doing whatever, and the screen will resize. Like the sides will go in for a second and then go back out to where they are suppose to be, or sometimes the top and the bottom will move down/up on me. It only lasts a second, but happens constantly. Any help? (this is the monitor that came with my beige G3 btw, not one of those fancy smancy Flat screens) the weird part is, that in my other room, a G4 running Jaguar, the monitor doesn't do it.

I thought I knew what the problem was... I had a similar problem with my monitor, outlined in Knowledge Base Article 88195, but since your monitor probably isn't one of those two, then I don't know... you could be experiencing the same problem as outlined in that article (anything from a visible electronic discharge on the screen to the screen resizing itself to a dead monitor) but I don't know if Apple will do anything about it since it's an older model.

If you do happen to have one of the monitors described in that article, persistence and patience on the phone with Apple will get your monitor fixed for free.

Back