Jaguar+Epson C60=:(

paracord

alone together
I've got an epson stylus c60 that worked fine with 10.1.x but refuses to play nicely with 10.2.1
The driver for it was installed with the system install but whenever i try to add it while in the print center under "EPSON USB" i get an error 1282.

In system.log i get

Nov 3 17:51:56 Nebula csregprinter: err=-4228 [line 273, file RegisterPrinterProfiles/csregprinter.c]
Nov 3 17:51:56 Nebula csregprinter: CSRegisterPrinter(devID, deviceName, dfltProfID, deviceProfs)=-4228 [line 171, file RegisterPrinterProfiles/csregprinter.c]

So anyone encountered this before or have any ideas?

Yep, encountered it once. Restarted. Worked fine before and since. I have no idea what caused it, but aside from that one glitch, I have found my C60 to be an excellent printer. I convinced my parents to buy one, and all they had to do to get it working with 10.2 was plug it in. Didn't even have to go to Print Center and add it, as it showed up automatically :) Sorry for going on like that, but I found that really cool :D

The apple provided drivers worh fine in 10.2.

My recommendation would be to remove the printer entirely, both in print center and any preferences linking to the print center. Reboot, re-install the latest OS update (10.2.1?).

After all the fun.. you should be able to plug in the epson and not have to do anything else. I didn't have a printer for the longest time and I just recently got an Epson C60. I plugged it in and it just works. I didn't have to add it to the print center.. it was just there. I turned on printer sharing in the sharing system preference pane and checked my wife's print center and the epson shows up there too.. no configuration, I just love Jaguar. I later follow a tip from MacosXhints.com on adding another printer driver to allow windows printing and now all my computers on my network can print to the Epson, both macs and pcs. See macs and pcs can play nice together..:D

If none of this helps you out.. than my question to everyone is: how did it install itself onto my computer without me doing anything to it???

Back