java problem

3mors

HampCake Studios
i've noticed that my java installation is broken. please look at the attachments: they show the screenshots of the "java plugin settings" applications that you can find in /Applications/Utilities folder.
the 1.3.1 application is ok, but the other ones are broken.
i've tried to delete the java prefs inside ~/Library/Preferences and i've also tried to reinstall java 1.4.2 and 1.5 updates but without luck.
if i create a new user on my mac, java is ok, but on my personal account is broken, so it seems to be a config issue.

any help?
thanks

Attachments

• java_1.3.1.png
    java_1.3.1.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 18
  • java_1.4.2.png
    java_1.4.2.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 18
  • java_1.5.0.png
    java_1.5.0.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 17
i've tried to delete the caches, it doesn't work.
the strange thing is that i've another mac in the same situation. they both run mac os x 10.4.6 (PPC).
instead my new macbook pro 17" with 10.4.6 (intel) has no problem with all java versions.

so no help?
sorry if i'm annoying but this is a serious problem and it seems not to be isolated, anyway i've tried to look on google but i've found no solution.
you are my last hope.

I also see this with the Java 1.4.2 Preference file (/Applications/Utilities/Java/Java 1.4.2 Plugin Settings) but not with the Java 5.0 Preference file (/Applications/Utilities/Java/J2SE5.0 Java Preferences).

i'm still looking for a fix for this problem?
on the web i can't find any solution.
any help?

Have you tried deleting the com.apple.java.util.prefs.plist file located in ~/Library/Preferences? That might do the trick.

i have no com.apple.java.util.prefs.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences folder, neither in /Library/Preferences folder.

i haven's solved this problem yet, the sticky thread on java corruption is useless for me :(

Back