Jobs' surprize

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
I've read that Jobs is preparing something that will surprize everybody for the next WWDC. Last time he said that he uncovered the flatpanel iMac. And nobody predicted it.
So what will come this time that we didn't predict ?

Steve sure enjoys revealing the white rabbits from his cylindar hat... :)

... and seeing & laughing at all the rumor sites about what he is supposed to do the next ;)

And we love this game too... and mostly when at the end Steve gives us our candy :)

The final touches on the digital hub and a cohesive pricing policy. I still think that there will be some kind of a tablet coming out.

Al Gore needs to earn his pay by making Apple a truly international Computer Company, with 50% of Apple's sales coming from overseas and the weakest dollar in 20 years it would be insane not to push the international part of the business.

Originally posted by Ugg
The final touches on the digital hub and a cohesive pricing policy. I still think that there will be some kind of a tablet coming out.

Al Gore needs to earn his pay by making Apple a truly international Computer Company, with 50% of Apple's sales coming from overseas and the weakest dollar in 20 years it would be insane not to push the international part of the business.

true... it still is the year of the laptop afterall

Apple is ditching OS X and the PPC architecture. They're gonna build x86 compatable hardware based off the AMD opteron chip, still 64 bit, slightly different architecture. :D

Heck, any modern AMD chip has a RISC core. All they do is add CISC translators on the front and back end of the chip.

That'll definately be a surprise.

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
Apple is ditching OS X and the PPC architecture. They're gonna build x86 compatable hardware based off the AMD opteron chip, still 64 bit, slightly different architecture. :D

Heck, any modern AMD chip has a RISC core. All they do is add CISC translators on the front and back end of the chip.

That'll definately be a surprise.

Right... I don't think so. Loosing the PPC now isn't a good idea, IMHO, and OS X is here to stay for another few years.

Originally posted by rhale1
Right... I don't think so. Loosing the PPC now isn't a good idea, IMHO, and OS X is here to stay for another few years.

Most definately, I am really excited about the future of the PPC. I would definately not want apple to ditch either the PPC or OS X. There's no way that I would want to see any of these happen anytime soon. I just stated that it would be completely surprising.

Maybe Jobs will surprise everybody by stepping down as CEO. Now we have Algore to take his place. we all want that right? :D

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
Maybe Jobs will surprise everybody by stepping down as CEO. Now we have Algore to take his place. we all want that right? :D

:eek:Oh my God, no!!!! Just shoot me now and get it over with!!!!

... So what will come this time that we didn't predict ?

You want us to predict what it is that we won't predict? :rolleyes: And my day was making so much sense up until this post.

Actually, now that I think of it, every prediction I've ever made about Steve's announcements has been wrong. Therefore, I'll go with this one:

Steve will reveal that the PowerPC 970 will never see the light of day. "It was just too fast and powerful to release." Steve says, "It would have left all our existing customers behind, and we don't want to do that, because we love you guys. So, we've decided to slow things down a bit.
"Apple should have learned their lesson from the New Coke debacle ... and likewise, we are going back to Classic."

You want us to predict what it is that we won't predict?

That's some kind of meta-prediction: the prediction that predicts all predictions cannot be predicted by itself ... :D

Maybe the new G4 Cube!
Or, maybe a new MacPlus.... it'll be kinda like the old imac.... but a cool new design..... wooh!

a MacPlus with a 21" screen...
a Mac TV with integrated DVD-R and iTunes: the ultimate iLife machine ! Co-Design with Bang & Olufsen.

*Laughing maniacally* I can beat fate! Ha ha ha! They said I was mad!

Steve will copy from Microsoft and HP's current toilet-PC project (which we've been discussing lately) and introduce the PowerLoo.
"This will increase the Loo experience tenfold, and boost productivity immensely. No more work lost as employees go for toilet breaks." He says.
"When our marketing department told us people wanted to be able to use the internet from the comfort of their sofa, we introduced Airport. Now, five years on, we're taking it a step further."
Steve refused to be drawn on what the actual design of the iLoo is. Some observers have described it as "an airport equipped PowerBook with a waterproof shell and air freshener." While other sources within apple hint at a "unified toilet device."

Just a suggestion for the naming issue... :D

``Introducing the New Power Mac GT: Satisfying the Need for Speed.''

Back