Joost invites - who wants one.

I still don't have any invitations, but I just saw this on their blog:

We're reaching another big milestone this week. After months of testing with many thousands of users, we're ready to move Joost on to the next stage of its development.

In preparation for this we're closing down applications for the beta testing program on the website at the end of Thursday (GMT). Between this time and the public availability of Joost, access will be by invitation from beta testers only.

So this is last call to apply via the website!

The good news is, that everyone who applies before we close will get access to try out Joost within the next couple of weeks - how is that for a treat? :eek:)

As you can might imagine, this is a very exciting moment for us. A big thank you to everyone who has helped to bring us this far - and to the rest of you, we look forward to inviting you to try out Joost for yourself very soon.
So it looks like if you sign up for the beta today, you're guaranteed to get to use it within two weeks. Gotta act quick, though.

Edit: Whoops, forgot the application link: http://www.joost.com/apply.html

I realise i'm not really a part of the 'regular' community, but if anyone has a Joost invite left i'd appreciate it. Tnx. :)

I need Joost, because I don't have TV access in my shared apt. How does one get signed up for it?

OK folks, all Joost users should have been given five invites today. For Mikuro and Fryke, you downlaod the new version fo the app then you can do the invites from the 'My Joost' section within the app.

I am offering 4 of my 5 invites here (i need to save one, sorry!). I had planned to start a first come first served thing but others have already asked here, so......

Gia, ferdinand, andyhargreaves, you all get one, just pm me firstname, lastname, email for the invite.

NeilZ, you are welcome to one, but you only seem to have an old iMac, and this is for Intel only, and needs 10.4 as well. If you have a machine other than the one in your sig, the invite is yours, if not, I'll give it to someone else.

Powermac, I'm sure one of Mikuro or Fryke can help you out. Else if the others don't get back to me you can have one of mine.

Cheers folks!

Very generous. I would love since I don't get tv access, but high speed internet access. If I get invites, of course I would pass them to members of OSX.com. Thanks if anyone can help!!!!

Ora, very generous that you are handing out your invites here.
To be honest my sig is a bit out of date, i'm the proud co-owner of a 20" iMac with intel processor. I'll just send you a PM, tnx in advance.

Id like an invite please, would be greatly apreciated.

Please let me know if any become available.
Thanks

OK folks, all Joost users should have been given five invites today. You downlaod the new version fo the app then you can do the invites from the 'My Joost' section within the app.

It says "There are no invitations to send out", so I wanted to know, how are we going to get notified if invitations are given out? By e-mail or within the app?

PS: One can see that the app is still developing slowly, because the software keeps on freezing, even after simple commands, for example scrolling through lists etc... Does anyone know any tricks of how to make it faster somehow? RAM isn't a problem though (1.25 GB) and I think 2 GHz is sufficient? ;)

Well you only signed up today so I suspect you won't get invites yet. There have only been two round i know of, the first was two invites, and now five. It may be a while before you get any.

I have 5 invites to go out. Simply state so here. If you're one of the five first, PM me with "first name", "last name" and "e-mail". :)

Hi id like an invite please. You said not to PM you in your post and then that we should. Shall i?

Recieved : thanks fryke

Okay, two out, three to go. After you've stated here that you want one, PM me with full name plus e-mail.

Cant get it to work :-(
Joost installs, so do the channels. Ive opened the ports necessary but the videos dont play. Im on a 2MB connection, is that too small?

Back