Joypads in 10.3????

cbmeeks

Registered
For grins, I thought I would play some games on my Mac.

I plugged in my USB WingMan RumblePad but nothing happened.

I went to the About the Mac and it saw the joypad. But, I can't find any joystick control panel like in Windows. Surely I don't have to purchase software to configure my joypad?

Does Apple not provide any joypad/stick support?

Thanks!

cbmeeks

On my dual action pad theres no config panel either. I had to configure the control in the actual games settings menu. I think it's the same for most games?

Yeah.... uh... Gamepad support, although it is supplied by uh... something called "HUD", it is necessary for the game developer to add HUD support in... so, once you get a game, you should supposedly be able to configure it in the game settings... I think most professional games include OS X HUD support by now.

btw, an SNES Emulator I use called "SNES9x Custom" has HUD support, ( http://emulation.victoly.com/snes/ ) and works fine with my crappy $10 generic gamepad... haven't tried "SNES9x Custom HQ", though, yet. I see that's new.

Hopefully it works. enjoy.

cbmeeks said:
For grins, I thought I would play some games on my Mac.

I plugged in my USB WingMan RumblePad but nothing happened.

I went to the About the Mac and it saw the joypad. But, I can't find any joystick control panel like in Windows. Surely I don't have to purchase software to configure my joypad?

Does Apple not provide any joypad/stick support?

Thanks!

cbmeeks

Ah yes, yet another game developer that ignores the Apple platform. Luckily there is a third party program that will take control of the USB joypad (along with other USB devices). The program is call USB Overdrive. It may help in the configuration of your joystick.

adambyte said:
Yeah.... uh... Gamepad support, although it is supplied by uh... something called "HUD", it is necessary for the game developer to add HUD support in... so, once you get a game, you should supposedly be able to configure it in the game settings... I think most professional games include OS X HUD support by now.

btw, an SNES Emulator I use called "SNES9x Custom" has HUD support, ( http://emulation.victoly.com/snes/ ) and works fine with my crappy $10 generic gamepad... haven't tried "SNES9x Custom HQ", though, yet. I see that's new.

Hopefully it works. enjoy.

Uhh...I think you mean "HID". (Human Interface Device).

Back