just a test

VGZ

Registered
17day.gif
17day.gif
17day.gif

Lucky 7. You win!!

Do I win any help?
I saw that you have an 80 GB backup disk. Is this a Maxtor by any chance? I cannot seem to mount it under MacOS X. It only sees the disk if I unplug the FW cable while hot. Then the OS tries to initialize without any luck. It thinks that the disk is 2.5 TB (is this a maxsize variable?) Drive Setup just hangs.
cheers.

Originally posted by VGZ

Lucky 7. You win!!

Yes it is a Maxtor, but its an internal ide ata model. If your having trouble with firewire you may want to send Apple some feedback on it.

Sorry I can't help:(,

I'd just like to say my maxtor firewire 40G is working fine w/ OSX. That is, as long as it's on and plugged in at startup, and I leave it like that.

Hi-
Is your drive external?
Did you format it with OS X or under os 9.1?

I am thinking of erasing the drive and then trying to create two dos partitions and then seeing if OS X can recognize it and initialize it then.
This is such a bummer, I don't want to loose 80 Gigs of space.

I am also thinking of setting up a second box that is OS X/ 9.1 and leaving the first machien as a 9.1 workhorse.

I would use a KVM switch if that is possible under MacOS X.
Perhaps I could share the disk through the 9.1 machine.
Anybody know?
cheers.

I

My drive was formatted using Maxtor's dive utility thing on the driver CD in MacOS 9.0.4, and it was my primary drive which I was booting off of to keep my internal drive free and ready for X. I have MacOS 9.1 on it, and having it bootable like that may be why it works so easily in X, I don't know. I count myself lucky not to have the many problems facing so many other new X users. Booting into 9.1, then installing 9.1 on the Maxtor drive (with its own driver extensions installed, of course). Or do what I did-copy your system folder over to it. either way, make 9.1's Startup Disk see it as a valid startup disk. Make sure it works, then try starting up in X. See if that helps.

Back