Just Got My 10.12.4 Update

JazzAzz

Registered
On MY MacMini, but man did it seemed to take FOREVER. After getting that Apple Logo, and progress line on the screen, the screen went just BLACK for what seemed a LONG TIME. You are tempted to force it off and boot back up, but I forced myself to be patient, a trait that I was not born with. I missed the patience line before being born>>LOL. But finally got another LOGO & Progress line.

Now down in SYSTEM Preferences, I have a "1" in a notification circle indicating I have a notification, I GUESS.When I open it up, it is recommending, "TWO- FACTOR Authentication," for my ICloud & Apple ID. Well I do NOT WANT TO DO THAT, so I guess that I will now be having to look at that, "1" forever. Can't see how to cancel that>>>GRRRRRRR.

I got that as well, and also do not want to do the 2 factor stuff.

Just click on the notification message, which will take you to where you can turn that feature on, then choose the option to not turn it on (cancel). Your Mac will complain, and tell you that is a Bad Thing™, or whatever. Just choose not to enable that (cancel). The "1" should go away then.

Or, launch System Preferences/iCloud.
Choose Account Details (sign in to your AppleID to do that), then go to Security.
Click "Turn On Two-Factor Authentication", then simply click "Cancel"
Either method SHOULD take care of the notification, too...

I got that as well, and also do not want to do the 2 factor stuff.

Just click on the notification message, which will take you to where you can turn that feature on, then choose the option to not turn it on (cancel). Your Mac will complain, and tell you that is a Bad Thing™, or whatever. Just choose not to enable that (cancel). The "1" should go away then.

Or, launch System Preferences/iCloud.
Choose Account Details (sign in to your AppleID to do that), then go to Security.
Click "Turn On Two-Factor Authentication", then simply click "Cancel"
Either method SHOULD take care of the notification, too...

Thanks, I checked on, "NOT NOW," Continue. That got rid of that, "1," with no complaining :)

Back